Fundamental Financial Math
This course will introduce you to a wide variety of calculations and related concepts that are used by financial market participants in a wide variety of applications – calculating prices, rates of return, and yields for example. These concepts and more will be discussed.
This course consists of 15 modules, broken out into 3 sections:
- Interest Rate Conventions and Time Value of Money
- Debt Security Pricing
- Bond Yields and Rates of Return
The course contains approximately 2 and a half hours of video content, and supplementary PDF files of the instructor’s presentation are included to help participants follow along.
- All levels of participants are encouraged to take this course.
- Over 15 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- You’ll understand the relationship between price and yield on fixed income securities
- You’ll understand interest rate and pricing conventions for fixed income instruments
- You’ll be able to explain different day count and compounding conventions used in fixed income securities
- You’ll be able to understand the dramatic difference between yield to maturity and realized rate of return
- You’ll be able to determine the price of both coupon bearing and zero coupon bonds
- A financial calculator is recommended to get the most out of this course.
- Knowledge of the English language.