Reporting and Business Analysis
This course develops your understanding of the reporting capabilities present within Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0. By learning the basics, this course gives you the tools and knowledge to create custom reports using all the different reporting tools and technologies available.
The course introduces the different tools and methods for reporting in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Topics include Understanding the Reporting Continuum, Working With Standard Reports, Working with Auto-Reports, Using the Report Wizard, SQL Server Reporting Services, and OLAP/Business Analysis. This course provides a solid foundation for reporting in Microsoft Dynamics AX and enables the student to be successful in designing and authoring reports.
- The class is targeted toward end users, power users, implementers, developers, and consultants who want to understand the basic reporting capability in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components that make up the Reporting Continuum in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0.
- Explain the characteristics of report requirements which help identify which tool is most appropriate for a given report.
- Introduce and summarize the report tools available in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Understand the query concept used for reporting.
- Understand the range selection used for determining data with queries.
- Demonstrate sorting, and the related totaling and heading options that are used with queries.
- Review the print and output options available to standard reports.
- Understand the new Print Drill Down functionality and how it works with standard reports.
- Explain the batch and recurrence options available.
- Explain the purpose of auto-reports in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, and how to generate them.
- Understand how auto-reports are generated, and when they can be used.
- Describe the functionality available with the Report Wizard.
- Demonstrate the use of the Report Wizard.
- Differentiate the Report Wizard from auto-reports and the Auto-report Wizard.
- Define the components related to Dynamics AX within SSRS.
- Explain the use of Perspectives in the Report Model.
- Understand the AOT properties related to SSRS.
- Demonstrate the configuration steps required to enable SSRS with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Explain the key concepts of Report Builder.
- Explain the different types of reports that can be created by using Report Builder.
- Create an ad hoc report by using Report Builder.
- Explain how to deploy reports with the Report Manager.
- Explain how to manage reports.
- Explain how to configure report properties.
- Explain what OLAP is and what it is used for.
- Describe how to interact with cubes within Dynamics AX using Pivot Table technology.
- Understand the underlying components that are required to configure and manage cubes in Microsoft Dynamics AX.