Project Management Essentials
In this course, students will identify and apply generally recognized practices in project management.
- The target student for this course is any individual who may need to perform project management activities in their job role on either a formal or informal basis, or any project team members who want to enhance their knowledge of project management in order to interact more productively with a project manager and perform more effectively on a project team.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic concepts and terminology of professional project management.
- launch a project.
- estimate project work.
- create a project schedule.
- plan project costs.
- plan for project risks.
- plan for project quality and compliance.
- manage human resources for your project.
- manage project procurements.
- plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
- monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
- monitor quality of project work and the risks involved.
- plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
- perform project closure.
Curriculum1) Getting Started with Project Management
- Project Management Basics
- Factors Influencing a Project
- How Organizations Choose the Right Project
- Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
- Identify the Project Scope
- Prepare a SOW
- Formally Authorize a Project
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Top-Down Estimation
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Bottom-Up Estimation
- Reduce Risks in Project Estimates
- Illustrate Project Flow
- Identify Activity Resources
- Schedule Project Work
- Estimate Project Costs
- Establish the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Risks and Their Causes
- Analyze Risks
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
- Deliver the Desired Project Results
- Verify Compliance Requirements
- Plan Your Dream Team
- Put the Team Together
- Build the Team
- Manage the Team
- Plan for Project Procurements
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Choose the Right Vendor
- Manage Vendors and Procurements
- Gear Up for Project Execution
- Manage Project Changes
- Monitor the Project Scope
- Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Monitor and Control Project Costs
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Put Quality Plans into Action
- Control Project Quality
- Communicate in a Project
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Report on Project Performance
- Hand Off the Project
- Close Project Procurements
- Wrap Up a Project