Project Management: Fundamentals
Project Management: Fundamentals overviews the basics of project management. It provides the theory and core methodology you will need to manage projects or participate on project teams.
This course does not make use of any project management software application, but instead focuses on the conceptual underpinnings that students must know in order to use any project management software application effectively.
- Target Student: Students enrolling in this course should be planning to lead a project (primary audience) or serve on a project team (secondary audience).
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager’s role in each phase.
- List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure.
- Discuss techniques for setting up a strong project team.
- List and discuss elements of a Risk Management Plan.
- Discuss techniques for planning and sequencing project activities, including the Work Breakdown Structure and the Network Logic Diagram.
- Identify the Critical Path for completing a project on schedule.
- List and discuss the cost elements that should be included in a project budget.
- Discuss techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
- Discuss key elements of project management communications and reporting tools.
- Discuss key activities of project close-out.
- Computing Fundamentals